Emotional Intelligence Calmfidence®
Know yourself... trust yourself.... you've got this.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand and manage your own emotions as well as those around you. People with a high degree of emotional intelligence know what they're feeling, what their emotions mean, and how these emotions can affect other people. Prioritizing your emotional well-being will not only help enhance your emotional Calmfidence®️ but will also help build stronger relationships and achieve your overall goals. Want to learn more about how you can manage your emotional intelligence? Read below.
Proven Tips for Enhancing Your Own Emotional Intelligence
If your goal is to boost your own emotional intelligence or help your clients boost their emotional intelligence keep these tips in mind:
- Reflect on your own emotions.
- Ask others for perspective.
- Be observant (of your own emotions).
- Use “the pause” (e.g., taking a moment to think before speaking).
- When criticized, don’t take offense. Instead, ask: What can I learn?
If you’re looking to enhance your team’s emotional intelligence, keep these tips in mind:
- Have a ring leader.
- Identify team members’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Spark passion.
- Develop creative ways to manage stress.
- Allow team members to have a voice.
- Encourage employees to work and play together.