HOW TO MAKE CALMING HOT CHOCOLATE TO RELIEVE STRESS AND ANXIETY:
- Even though most hot chocolate contains unhealthy, hidden ingredients, you won’t have to worry about that with this nutrient-packed beverage. You also won’t have to deal with insulin spikes from added sugars, which most packaged hot chocolate will have if you look at the back of the box. Plus, the warming effects from drinking the hot chocolate will help you relax you before you call it a night.
- The drink contains healthy fats to stabilize your blood sugar, which will help keep anxiety and insomnia at bay. In addition to providing a source of healthy fats, the raw cacao in the recipe contains magnesium, which helps to induce relaxation. Not to mention, many people lack this vitally important mineral, and not many would object to getting their magnesium in such a delicious way! Plus, the spices, a blend of cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg, have anti-inflammatory compounds that can reduce anxiety and stress while adding a lot of flavor to your nighttime beverage.
- Also, let’s not forget the countless studies that have been done linking dark chocolate consumption with lower stress levels and higher feelings of happiness. In fact, one study found that daily consumption of 40g of dark and/or milk chocolate reduced feelings of stress in females. The response of the adrenal gland, which produces cortisol, was much less, and the researchers concluded that the consumption of dark chocolate helped to buffer the brain’s response to stress.
Without further ado, let’s go over exactly how to make your calming cup of hot cocoa for yourself.
* 1 cup almond milk (or whatever type of milk you prefer)
* 1 tablespoon cacao
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ghee (or whatever kind of butter you’d like)
* 1 teaspoon coconut oil
* Pinch of nutmeg
* ¼ teaspoon cardamom
* 1 tablespoon collagen
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
The only part of the recipe that requires heating is the almond milk, so pour it into a pot & heat until boiling. Then, stir in all other ingredients, pour in mug, enjoy! Courtesy of: PowerOfPositivity.com